The Queensland Government is providing financial support to enrolled international students based in Queensland who is experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19. If you are assessed as eligible, you will receive a one-off $500 payment to your Australian bank account.
You ARE eligible if you are:
- Over 18.
- Currently enrolled at a CRICOS registered education provider in Queensland that is:
- Not a university based in or with a campus in Queensland.
- Not TAFE Queensland.
- Not a primary or secondary school.
- Hold an international student visa to study at a Queensland education and training provider.
- Currently living in Queensland.
- Currently have $1500AUD or less in their bank account – with proof of transactions from 19 May 2020 onwards.
- Must have an Australian bank account.
Applicants are required to complete a form and the following documentation MUST be available for submission:
- Copy of passport
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) at a Queensland CRICOS registered education and/or training provider
- Proof of address (may be a utility or phone bill, student identification, employment payslip, overseas student health cover)
- VEVO status (You must complete a VEVO check to confirm your location and student visa status. To access VEVO please visit the Department of Home Affairs website. Save your VEVO check as a PDF document and attach it your application.
- Evidence of the current balance in your bank account (such as bank statement or screenshot of your bank account) displaying your name, current balance and transaction history from 19 May 2020 until time of application.
- You must have an Australian phone number – it may be used to contact you about your application.
If you are our students, please contact Kate, LEE, and we will assist you to get VEVO Status and other supporting documents. Contact Kate 07 5532 2688 or 0450 033 211.