Queensland has opened its state-nominated skilled migration program on Wednesday 6 September 2023.
As we have received a reduced allocation from the Department of Home Affairs this financial year (1550 skilled nominations and no BIIP allocation), Queensland’s state-nominated program will be very competitive. Migration Queensland will begin inviting selected applicants from the end of September 2023 and hold invitation rounds at the end of each month for the remainder of the financial year 2023 – 24.
Here is the summary of the QLD 491 and 190 Visa.
Home Affairs criteria requires you to:
- have a points-test result of 65 or higher, inclusive of state nomination points;
- have a positive skills assessment in your nominated occupation;
- be under 45 years of age;
- meet the minimum English language requirement of Competent, unless a higher level is required by your assessing authority.
Migration Queensland criteria requires you to:
|Requirement||Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa |
|Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)|
|Points||Have a points test result of 75 or higher (except for Trades occupations* which require 70 or higher)||Have a points test result of 65 or higher|
|Occupation||Have an occupation on Home Affairs relevant list of eligible skilled occupations (LIN19/051)||Have an occupation on Home Affairs relevant list of eligible skilled occupations (LIN19/051)|
|English||Have Competent English or higher (except for occupations where a higher level of English is required**)||Have Competent English or higher (except for occupations where a higher level of English is required**)|
|Work experience||Must provide evidence that you have been living in Queensland and undertaking full-time post qualification employment (minimum of 30 hours per week), in your nominated or closely related occupation for three months immediately before EOI lodgement. You must still be employed in your nominated or closely related occupation when your EOI is assessed.||Must provide evidence that you are living and working in regional Queensland and have full-time post-qualification employment (minimum of 30 hours per week) in your nominated or closely related occupation at the time of your EOI lodgement. You must still be employed in your nominated or closely related occupation when your EOI is assessed.|
|Evidence of ongoing employment||Must provide evidence that you have ongoing full-time (minimum of 30 hours per week) employment for a further twelve months at time of EOI lodgement in your nominated occupation||Must provide evidence that you have ongoing full-time (minimum of 30 hours per week) employment in regional Queensland for a further six months at time of EOI lodgement in your nominated occupation|
|Commitment to living in Queensland||Must commit to living and working in Queensland for two years from date of visa grant||Must commit to living and working in regional Queensland for three years from date of visa grant|
*A trade occupation is defined as an ANZSCO occupation grouping beginning with 3
** To be registered or licensed in certain occupations, a higher level of English is required. In these cases, it is the responsibility of the applicant to understand the language requirements of the skills assessment and registration process for their nominated occupations. Migration Queensland will not nominate anyone who has lower English language skills than is required for their occupation.
Caveats for selected occupations
- Accountants (General)
- Only applicants employed in an accounting firm or a medium or larger sized business will receive an invitation. For this purpose, a medium sized business is characterised as a business that employs 20 people or more.
- must be a CPA, CA or IPA, or are studying towards becoming a CPA, CA or IPA.
- Internal and External Auditors
- must have a job as an Auditor (not an Accountant).
- Cooks and Chefs
- No takeaway or fast-food businesses.
- If you have been nominated for, applied for or hold a Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491), Migration Queensland will not nominate you for the Skilled Nominated (Permanent) visa (subclass 190). This restriction also applies to the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
- If you are eligible for both the 190 and the 491 visas, please submit one EOI and select both visa classes. Please do not submit multiple EOIs – if you do, we will select the first one in the queue and close the rest. You will be offered one invitation only.
- Businesses must have an office in Queensland; a virtual office will not be accepted.
- You will receive copies of the State Nomination Application and Settlement Funds Declaration form, if/when Migration Queensland invites you to lodge an application.
- If you have more than one skills assessment, please only submit one EOI for the occupation that best meets your current employment.
- Please ensure that you read the application process, document checklist and all explanatory notes (below) before submitting your application
- Migration Queensland handle a high volume of applications and client enquiries; enquiries about where your application is in the queue or when you will be invited to apply will not receive a response.
- Priority will not be given to invitations where documents or visas are expiring.
- Labour Hire employment: if you are employed through a labour hire provider, they must be licensed to operate in Queensland. All labour hire providers operating in Queensland must be licensed under the Labour Hire Licensing Act 2017, including providers that are based interstate or overseas who supply workers within Queensland. You will be required to provide evidence that your labour hire provider complies with these licensing requirements.
|NOTE: Please ensure that the information on your EOI is correct. If Migration Queensland nominates you and you have made a mistake or fail to lodge your visa application by the required lodgement date, Migration Queensland will not consider any further application from you until at least six months after your last nomination.|
AEV Centre is run by Migration agents with more than 15 years of experience.
Please feel free to contact our friendly Migration agent.