On the 5th of May 2023, the Department of Home Affairs announced that by the end of 2023, the Temporary Residence Transition (TRT) stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa will be amended.
- TRT stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa will be available for all Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa holders
- Applicants will need to continue to work in the occupation nominated for their TSS visa
- Reduced eligibility for the TRT stream from three years to two years of employment with the sponsoring employer
- Applicants will need to meet all other nomination and visa requirements for the TRT stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme visa
- Removed limits on the number of Short-term stream TSS visa applications that visa holders can make in Australia.
Raising the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold
From 1 July 2023, the TSMIT will increase from $53,900 to $70,000. New nomination applications from this date will need to meet the new TSMIT of $70,000 or the annual market salary rate, whichever is higher.
This change will not affect existing visa holders and nominations lodged before 1 July 2023.
For more information, please contact our friendly migration agents.