Including a dependent child in your …

Including a dependent child in your application

If you have a dependent child that you did not include in your partner category visa application but you later decide you want to include them, you must advise the department.

You must do this before a decision is made on your temporary Partner visa application.

Note: If you applied for a partner category visa while you were outside Australia, your dependent child must also be outside Australia at the time you make the request to add them to your visa application.

Similarly, if you were in Australia when you applied for your partner category visa, your dependent child must also be in Australia when you make the request.

A new sponsorship form for the dependent child will also need to be completed by your sponsor.

If the dependent child is aged under 18 years, the sponsor will need to provide an Australian National Police Check and/or overseas police certificate(s) (see page 25), unless one has already been provided with the application.

P.S For more details please contact us at

30/09/2015 Categories: facebook Comments Off on Including a dependent child in your … 󰀄

SkillSelect Skilled workers and business…


Skilled workers and business people interested in migrating to Australia can be considered for a skilled visa by submitting an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect.

The following five visas must be applied for following submission of a successful Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect:

Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
Skilled – Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).

SkillSelect – 7 September 2015 round results

Due to the continuing high numbers of EOIs received for the below occupations, invitations for these occupations will be issued on a pro rata basis in each monthly invitation round over the 2015-16 programme year.

These arrangements are subject to change throughout the programme year. SkillSelect first allocates available places to

Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) visas and then remaining to
Skilled – Regional (subclass 489) (Provisional – Family Sponsored) visas.

If all places are taken up by subclass 189 visas then there will be no invitations issued for subclass 489 visas in these occupations:

– ICT Business and Systems Analysts
– Accountants
– Software and Applications Programmers.

#189visa #skillselect #EOI

23/09/2015 Categories: facebook Comments Off on SkillSelect Skilled workers and business… 󰀄

Recognition of overseas marriages The…

Recognition of overseas marriages

The Attorney-General’s Department has responsibility for developing policy about issues relating to family law and marriage, including who can get married, who can solemenise marriages and the validity of overseas marriages. The rules governing whether or not a marriage is valid under Australian law are to be found in the Marriage Act 1961 (Cth).

There are currently no Australian diplomatic or consular officers appointed to solemenise marriages overseas under Australian law.

Marriages entered into overseas are generally recognised as valid in Australia

if the marriage was recognised as valid under the law of the country in which it was entered into, at the time when it was entered into, and
providing the marriage would have been recognised as valid under Australian law if the marriage had taken place in Australia.

There is no requirement to register a marriage in Australia which takes place overseas. The foreign marriage certificate is prima facie evidence in Australia of the occurrence and validity of the marriage in that country.

Marriage to an Australian citizen does not automatically guarantee entry of a citizen of another country to Australia. The Department of Immigration and Border Protection can advise on immigration to Australia.
You should consult a legal practitioner if you need advice on whether a marriage which has taken place overseas is recognised as valid in Australia.

The basic rule of foreign marriages generally being recognised as valid in Australia is subject to the following exceptions:

where one of the parties was already married to someone else;

where one of the parties was, at the time of the marriage, domiciled in
Australia and either of the parties was not 18 years old;

where neither of the parties was, at the time of marriage, domiciled in Australia, the marriage shall not be recognised as valid in Australia until one of the parties is 16 years old;

where the parties are too closely related under Australian law (including relationships traced through adoption or an adoption that has ceased to have effect) i.e. either as ancestor and descendant, or as brother and sister (including half-brother and half-sister);

where the parties to the marriage are both of the same sex, or;
where the consent of one of the parties was not real consent due to duress or fraud, a mistake as to the identity of the other party or as to the nature of the ceremony performed, or mental incapacity.

17/09/2015 Categories: facebook Comments Off on Recognition of overseas marriages The… 󰀄

Copyright © 2015 Australian Education and Visa Centre Pty Ltd. All Rights Reserved.