Partners and fiancés of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens may apply to enter and/or remain permanently in Australia and include:
  • people intending to get married (fiancés)
  • married (de jure) partners
  • de facto partners (including those in a same-sex relationship).


An Australian citizen or permanent resident who has been resident in Australia may sponsor their parent(s) to obtain permanent residence in Australia. If the parent is of working age, it must be proven the Australian is dependent upon the parent. There are number of parent visas, please come in to discuss your best option.