World Class Education
Australia is recognized as a great place to live – but did you know Australia also offers a world class education? The Australian education system has produced scientists, designers, educators, entrepreneurs, artists and humanitarians who have changed the world, winning awards from Oscars to Nobel prizes. Their global achievements include the “black box” now on every airplane, the Earth hour initiative, and the invention of Wi-Fi. Australia is proud of the individuals who have studied and worked in Australia (whether they were born here or another country) and gone on to achieve great things and contribute to making the world a better place.
By studying in Australia, you will receive a qualification that’s recognised and sought after around the world. The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) allows students to easily move through the education system here and provides an easy way for countries around the world to recognise your qualification, and issue the comparable qualifications for local use. Visit the AQF(opens in a new window) website for more information.
For over 20 years Australia has led the world in putting in place systems and processes to ensure that international students receive the high quality education they expect. These measures include:
- The Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000(opens in a new window), which sets out the legal framework governing delivery of education to overseas students studying in Australia on a student visa.
- The Tuition Protection Service(opens in a new window), which helps you find an alternative course or refund your unspent tuition fees in the rare case that your institution (education provider) can’t continue to offer your course.
- The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA(opens in a new window)) is the national regulator for Australia’s vocational education and training sector. ASQA regulates courses and training providers to ensure nationally approved quality standards are met.
- The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA)(opens in a new window) regulates and assures the quality of Australia’s higher education sector. It undertakes both compliance assessments and quality assessments.
- Ombudsman organisations that can investigate complaints about problems that international students have with their institutions. You can find out more about these organisations on the Support Services page in the Australian Education section of this website.